Saturday, January 14, 2012

Frozen (2010)


Trailer

2 chairlifts out of 5

A classic case of the movie being just a 90 minute version of the 2 minute trailer.  Although I wouldn't classify this movie as bad, it's also far from good.  Points go toward a good idea, because it's playing on a fear all skier and snowboarders have thought about, but the execution and fear factor was just mediocre.  The catch here is that the mountain is open Fridays thru Sundays only...maybe living in the northeast leaves me naive but I've never heard of that.

In my opinion this movie would have been better if the victim's experiences were as a result of a recently laid off chair lift operator's anger.  That would have opened up more avenues for scarier "moments" and additional story lines for the movie.

I guess this movie was okay though.  Mildly entertaining, potentially worth a watch just so you can say you did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment